Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Sister is a Good Sport

When I found out Trish would be having another baby (#3 in just over 3 years), I knew I had to plan another special and unique baby shower.  When I found out it was a girl, I knew I wanted to do an umbrella themed shower, with crystals as rain and a picture on her invite of her under an umbrella while it rained all around her. I told her of my idea, and she said "if you're using that as a 'shower Trish with love' jumping off point, why not just put me in a shower with a shower cap on?"  Her flippant remark changed the entire plan for her shower.  I took it and rolled with it. I convinced our friends NINE Photography to snap a couple of pics for me while they were shooting my daughter's first birthday. I also roped in my good friend Tina (of Twitterpated) to help me.  I wanted a picture of Trish in the shower with lots of extra  arms doing shower things....here's what we got.
Here's how we pulled it off....that's me laying on my back in the bottom of the tub, and Tina standing on the edge of the tub behind the shower curtain.
The rest of the shower was pretty tame, with a pink, orange and purple thing....lots of flowers and sparkles! The invitations had rhinestones glued on was water droplets from the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment