Tuesday, January 11, 2011

LD's Pirate Party

My nephew's first birthday was a blast....it's taken me MONTHS to post this because I had so much fun preparing for it that I didn't charge my camera and therefore didn't take any pictures.  It all started with the idea to have a splash party...his birthday is at the end of May and it is hot here in Texas!  When I found the pirate ship inflatable pool online and showed it to my sister we knew instantly we had to go all out pirate.  Our friend Tina from Twitterpated created the invitations modeled after some I'd found online...I'm hoping I can post a pic later, it was super cute!  Then I shopped around for fabrics and other pirate-y things. My mom and her husband created the birthday cake, I made a watermelon fruit salad ship, and of course we had goldfish among other snacks. Pirate balloons and streamers were purchased at various party stores. I made a giant red X for the front yard, burned the edges of manila paper for all of the signs, and created a photo booth area with all of the great pirate dress up finds.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment